This was one of the first fully transistorised radios produced in 1957 by Pye Ltd.of Cambridge under the Invicta brand name. The set switched on and off when the lid was opened and closed. A frame aerial was also hidden inside the lid. The radio received on the medium waveband and had a pre-set station tuned on the long waveband. The circuit employed 6 germanium PNP transistors. Four U11 batteries were needed to power the set.