This six-valve radio was manufactured by Sobell in 1946. The wooden cabinet is layered with a two tone walnut veneer. A 4-way rotary switch is deployed to select between the long, medium, and 2 short wavebands. Separate dial lamps are then illuminated to indicate which tuning band has been selected. A side mounted switch turns the radio on and off. On the cabinet back sockets are provided for the connection of external aerial and earth wires.
This receiver has undergone a complete restoration in our museum workshop and is now in full working order.