Manufactured by Ever Ready in 1958 this 4-valve radio is housed in a two tone Rexine covered wooden cabinet with brass fittings. Printed circuit board technology was employed to mount most of the components. A separate internal compartment is provided to hold a B141 battery used to power the set. An internal ferrite rod aerial was fitted for portable signal reception also an additional external aerial socket is provided for car use. This radio featured 2 reception wavebands medium and long wave selected by means of a rotary control knob on the radio’s top. An export version of this set known as the Matador was also produced under the brand name of Berec.