Murphy manufactured this 6 valve receiver in 1959. Built in a two tone plastic moulded case with a gold plated front trim. This radio featured 3 reception wavebands; medium long and VHF selected by means of the piano key switch, which also selected On/Off, tone and gram input. Internal aerials were fitted for local reception of AM and FM stations. Extension sockets at the rear were provided for a gram, extension speaker, and external FM aerial connections. This receiver has undergone a complete restoration in our museum workshop and is now in full working order.
The retail-selling price was £17.0s.9d plus purchase tax.