This 5-valve receiver was first manufactured by HMV in 1949. Housed in a dark walnut veneered plywood cabinet, this radio featured 5 reception wavebands, medium, long and 3 short wavebands selected by means of a rotary switch. Extension sockets at the rear were provided for a gram, speaker, aerial and earth connections. This receiver has undergone a complete restoration in our museum workshop and is now in full working order.
The retail-selling price for this model was £22.1s.0d plus purchase tax.