Pye of Cambridge manufactured this 10 valve stereophonic receiver in 1958. Housed in a wooden cabinet with a PVC protected glazed outer finish with a simulated walnut front escutcheon. This radio featured 4 reception wavebands, medium long short and VHF selected by means of a centrally mounted 6 button piano key switch, which also included the on/off and gram selection keys.
Internal aerials were fitted to aid reception, a rotatable ferrite rod for the MW & LW bands and a wire dipole for the reception of local FM stations. A magic eye indicator on the front of the set also assisted tuning. Extension sockets at the rear were provided for pick up, gram, speaker, aerial and earth connections.