This 4 valve portable radio was manufactured in London in 1957 by Ferguson Radio Corporation. The suitcase style wooden cabinet is covered with a red and grey Rexine material. This radio featured 2 reception wavebands, medium and long wave, selected by means of a rotary switch. The set switched on and off when the lid was opened and closed. A ferrite rod aerial is fitted inside for MW & LW reception. All the internal components were mounted on a metal chassis. Two batteries were required to power this set a (B126) 90Volt H.T. and an (All-Dry 35) 1.5Volt L.T.
The retail-selling price for this model was £9.9s.6d. plus purchase tax.